Camp Noah is a nationally recognized preparedness and resiliency day camp offered to elementary age children in communities impacted by a disaster or crisis. Camp Noah provides a safe and caring environment where children build resiliency skills within the familiarity of their own communities. They use a proven curriculum designed to help children process their disaster and/or trauma experience through creative activities and play. Camp Noah celebrates every child as special. In this safe and supportive setting, children are encouraged to face their fears, grieve their losses, identify and share their unique gifts and talents, and plan for an amazing future! (www.campnoah.org).
Summer 2020 Camp Dates and Locations
We encourage volunteers to select camp locations that are local to them. Travel expenses are the responsibility of the volunteer and housing is not provided to volunteers (unless otherwise noted).
2020 Camp dates and locations
*due to COVID-19, camp dates and locations are delayed.
Please feel free to express your interest in serving in camp, but be patient with our response as we await confirmation of planned camps.
In the meantime, if you live in the states of North or South Carolina and are interested in volunteering with Camp Noah, please fill out the Camp Noah Volunteer Interest Form below.
- The primary role is to enact the camp curriculum and lead and support campers.
- 5-6 hours online training is required and provided (free of charge).
- Each camp has a team leader available for mentoring and support.
- There is a $25/volunteer registration fee to help cover the costs of background checks, t-shirts, etc. (unless otherwise noted…some specific camps have funding that covers this for volunteers).
- Upon completion of volunteering at Camp Noah, you are eligible to receive a total of 30 Professional Development Units (PDU’s) to assist in your CCLS certification. To obtain this certificate, please e-mail [email protected].
If you see a camp date and location that you are interested in volunteering, please complete the Camp Noah volunteer interest form. In addition, CLDR will be reaching out to local members as needed.