The National Institute for Trauma and Loss in Children is offering a course titled: “Healing the Experience of Trauma”. The learning objectives sound quite relevant to our work. Take a look:
- Understand the psychophysiology of trauma.
- Name at least three ways stress and trauma influence changes in the central nervous system.
- Identify the components of the core regulation network.
- Describe ways to engage the vagus nerve according to the polyvagal theory.
- Demonstrate activities you can use with youth to pendulate between trauma and resilience themes.
This course is open to the public and would be a great way to learn more about best practices when working with children and families impacted by traumatic events. To learn more and view a video segment of the course, visit: https://www.starr.org/store/healing-experience-trauma