- Develop local awareness of CLDR and how CCLS can provide valuable support to those affected by disasters. Establish your role as contact.
- Be involved in your local Red Cross or disaster emergency management group
- Network & attend local meetings as available (i.e. Community Organizations Active in Disaster (COAD) meetings, Mental Health team meetings, Training opportunities, committees).
- Create working relationship with regional CL affiliate chair and local CL manager(s)
- Promote awareness through articles, group meetings, presentations, their website/newsletters, training opportunities, etc.
- Develop and maintain a list of CCLS’s who are willing to be called upon for local disaster incidents (fires, shootings, fatal accidents, etc.)
- Encourage CCLS’s to obtain CDS volunteer certification through CDS training
- Maintain communication with local responders
- Coordinate & assign CLDR local responders during local disaster incidents
- Compile and restock “emergency play pack” to provide to utilize during local responses
- Report at least monthly to CLDR Directors (communicate support/needs)
- Communicate support/needs
- Report CLDR and any CDS response activity (CLDR will then report CDS involvement to CDS)
- Report CLDR local responder roster (updates)
- Provide feedback on CLDR local program development
- Certified Child Life Specialist
- Certified CDS volunteer
- Leadership experience
- Complete any required Red Cross trainings for local involvement
- Submit resume and cover letter to [email protected] or fill out contact form online
- Interview with CLDR team
Click to rate this resource!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]